Burnley sign former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard to cover f
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Burnleyhave acted quickly to draft in cover for the injured Tom Heaton by signing Anders Lindegaard on a short-term deal.
England international goalkeeper Heaton suffered a shoulder injury during the Clarets' clash with Crystal Palace earlier this month and has since undergone reparative surgery.
With Heaton set for several months in rehabilitation, Lindegaard - the former Manchester United keeper - has been signed until the end of the season.
Lindegaard was a free agent after leaving Preston in the summer and has been training with Burnley for a week.
He is available for the Premier League clash with Huddersfield this weekend, and will compete for the gloves with Nick Pope and Adam Legzdins.
Lindegaard told Burnley's official website: 'I've had a good week here and I've had a very good impression of the whole club and all the people here. It's not hard to fit in nicely here.
'It seems like an honest place and a very hard-working place and I appreciate being a part of it.
+3
Lindegaard has joined the club following an injury to No 1 Tom Heaton
'I am here to try and sharpen up the competition in the goalkeepers' department and we'll see what happens down the line.
'I feel good physically and I still want to play. I come here with a good spirit and I have a lot of enthusiasm for getting started.
'I sensed from the first day I came in there was a good atmosphere, that things are in a good place, and it has paid off with a good start to the season.'
Comments
Post a Comment